Following your massage treatment today it is likely that you may have some of the following after effects (which are nothing to worry about, just a sign that your treatment has been carried out effectively).
- Headaches, nausea, dizziness/light headedness, tiredness, heightened emotions, vivid dreams, spots, runny nose (you may experience one or two, none or all of these effects).
- Try to rest and relax as much as possible, don’t do any strenuous exercise, drink plenty of water or herbal teas. Avoid coffee, tea and cola as these are highly caffeinated drinks and will prevent your body from relaxing and repairing.
- Don’t drink alcohol or smoke for 24 hours, especially if your therapy has been a detoxifying one, as smoking and alcohol will just flood the body with toxins, when your system is working hard to eliminate them.
- Avoid heavy meals after a therapy because blood is diverted to the gut to help with digestion of the food, and this will divert energy away from the healing processes the body is carrying out. Light meals such as fruit and vegetables are ideal.
- Do not sunbathe or use sun beds as some of your oils may be photo sensitising.
- If you feel sleepy after your treatment it is advisable to wait 10 minutes and have a large glass of water before driving home.